About Dr. Sandy Gluckman
Dr. Sandy Gluckman, PhD is a Functional Behavior and Health Coach for parents who have children that are struggling with learning, mood and behavior challenges. She is the creator of the internationally acclaimed programs, Parents, Take Charge! and Teachers Take Charge! The purpose of these programs is to introduce parents and educators to the drug-free Functional Medicine and Functional Behavior approach to treating learning, behavior and mood challenges.
In her coaching program Dr Gluckman:
- Introduces parents to the Functional Approach, as a highly effective alternative drug-free option to traditional medicine.
- She assists parents with the actual steps of action they need to take to identify and treat the underlying biological root cause/s of their child’s problems.
- She empowers parents with Functional Behavior and Communication skills that are specifically designed to have a positive effect on the child’s chemistry and the family environment.
For more than 35 years Dr. Sandy has been educating parents, educators, healthcare practitioners and business leaders how to stay in the forefront of what is happening in their worlds. She holds a degree in Clinical Psychology. Dr. Sandy’s PhD thesis, The Whole Brain Approach to Education, shows the benefits of using both sides of the brain in teaching and learning. She uses whole brain tools in her seminars, workshops, and keynotes to create high levels of engagement, as well as learning and retention of new skills.
Now Dr. Sandy Gluckman is revolutionizing the care of children by offering a medication-free approach to the treatment and prevention of learning, behavior and mood disorders that is grounded in the most up-to-date, scientifically-proven information.
Dr. Sandy Gluckman is…
The research conducted by Sandy Gluckman for her PhD reveals that:
- Children who are taught to use both sides of their brain, achieve better grades, are more sociable, are happier and healthier and have significantly higher self-esteem, than those who use more of one side of the brain.
- There is a strong tendency in schools and society to emphasize left brain logical, linear thinking more than right brain creative, lateral thinking. The emphasis of parents and teachers is more about strengthening academic abilities (left brain), and less on strengthening self worth, self-esteem and spirit of the child (right brain). This imbalance between left and right brain can create stress and trigger learning, behavior and mood problems.
Dr Gluckman feels strongly that academic degrees alone will not be enough for the next generation to courageously and creatively deal with an increasingly challenging world. The next generation will need a powerful spirit to propel them through this rapidly changing and demanding time.
Dr. Sandy Gluckman is the author of the groundbreaking book, Who’s in the Driver’s Seat? She also authored a chapter in Mission Possible and has published extensively in health and business journals.
Dr Gluckman has appeared on national television in South Africa and is a popular invited guest on international radio talk shows. She is a frequent speaker at health and business conferences. Her leading edge content, delivered in her uniquely spirited way, has inspired many audiences nationally and globally.
Dr Gluckman is a born educator. Over the years she has educated business leaders, teachers,students, parents and healthcare professionals, in their different fields of endeavor. Dr. Sandy’s professional journey began as an high school teacher. During this time she opened an after-school tuition center where children who had difficulty learning could receive additional assistance in the afternoons. It was here that her appreciation for the challenges facing children was born.
An Health Coach
During Dr. Sandy’s twelve years in private practice as a clinical psychologist, she became known for her unique whole brain approach with stress-related health and learning disorders. Sandy developed a Stress Management Program for The Cardiac Prevention and Rehabilitation Center in South Africa. She also established a Pain Clinic as part of the University of Witwatersrand Dental School.
A Leadership Coach
As an expert in effective, whole brain learning and communication, Dr. Sandy has been asked to consult with business leaders around the globe. She taught the Leadership Development program for the Executive MBA Program at Texas Women’s University and The University of Dallas Graduate School of Management. Additionally, Dr. Gluckman lectured at the University of Witwatersrand Business School in Johannesburg.